BC Original Minds Association – Destination Imagination Scholarships
Terms of Reference for Destination Imagination participants and alumni to apply for one of three $500.00 scholarships awarded at the annual Provincial Tournament. The scholarships are for students who have participated in the Destination Imagination Team Challenge and have demonstrated growth through the commitment to the ideals of Destination Imagination.
- Applicant must be Grade 12 and eligible to graduate (within the year of application) from any secondary school in BC.
- Applicant must have a satisfactory Grade Point Average.
- Applicant must have the intention to pursue post-secondary education and/or training: proof of registration (full-time) in a post-secondary institution or training school (a “qualified school under the Canadian Income Tax Act”) will be required before any money is disbursed to the student’s credit at the school.
- Applicants must be (or have been) registered as a team member for a Destination Imagination Team Challenge and have competed in at least one regional tournament.
- Individual achievement(s) will be taken into consideration including, but not limited to arts, athletics, academics, community service.
- The successful applicant must provide proof of full-time registration within the second year after the awarding of the scholarship.
The BC Original Minds Association will appoint a Scholarship Committee to review all applications and select recipients. All information will be held in confidence by the committee.
Scholarship Amounts and Recipient Recognition:
Three (3) scholarships of $500.00 will be awarded by BC Original Minds Association each year. The scholarships are awarded at the annual Destination Imagination Provincial Tournament held in April.
Deadline for Applications:
5:00 Pm Monday, March 14, 2016
Contact Joan Vyner email@example.com to receive an application form.