Tell Me More About DI
Students form teams of up to seven members, select their preferred Challenge, and work together to develop their Challenge solution. Each team has at least one team manager (teacher or parent) who helps keep the team on track, but does not assist or interfere with the team’s solution. In BC, schools may use the program to enhance classroom curriculum although we recommend that teams take advantage of the opportunity to showcase and celebrate their innovative Challenge solutions project at a tournament. Our teams of trained appraisers provide valuable and positive feedback to teams at our tournaments.
- Request your free Team Challenge pack
- Select Team members/set meeting days/times
- Elementary Level teams – Grade 3 – 5
- Middle Level Teams – Grade 6 – 8
- Secondary Level Teams – Grade 9 – 12
- Follow the Roadmap (the how-to guide facilitate a team/team building/idea generation and selection tools).
- Attend Team Manager Training
- Team selects Challenge
- Practice Instant Challenges
- Create Challenge Solution to present at tournaments
- Regional tournaments in early March
- Provincial Tournament April 6, 2019